Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Caring Hearts

If you know me very well, you know that I am always searching for yet another project. As soon as I finish one, I try to find the "next thing" to which I can dedicate some time.

Very rarely, I come across a project that just begs, "Do me NOW!" Today I found one such project and I am hoping that some of you will join me on this one!

I had just finished creating a video playlist on YouTube for an upcoming school presentation and I decided to reward myself by spending a few minutes watching some crafting videos. It was while watching a Jennifer McGuire video that I learned about a yearly card event called "Caring Hearts Card Drive".



In a nutshell, people from across North America and Australia create cards and send them to the organizing group. These cards are then distributed to people who live in nursing homes. Having visited a nursing home many times when my mother worked in one, I know firsthand that many of the people there do not have regular visitors. They crave any little bit of contact they can get with someone from the "outside". Just a kind word, a minute holding their hand, a smiling face, and even a tiny little card can really brighten up their day.

This card drive is running from October 2 to November 17. All cards must be received at the group headquarters by November 17. This year they are requesting that you make cards with a Christmas or winter holiday wish only. (For more of the specific instructions and for the submission form that must accompany your cards, go to Jennifer's blog at the link below.)


I know that I have many crafty friends out there. Some of you who do not consider yourselves to be "crafty" even work with group of others such as BETA Clubs or church groups. This kind of project is the PERFECT one for all of you to unite and join in efforts. Maybe your organization can have a card making party and then send in all of the completed cards together as one!

I only wish that I had discovered this opportunity earlier. I still have several days to get creative and make a BUNCH of cards to include in this project! Won't you join me?

Your participation in this project WILL be rewarded! You are sure to feel that warm tug of the heart that I always get when I do something like this. As if that isn't enough, the Card Drive has also assembled a variety of prizes that will be given to some of the lucky people who make and send in cards. (More information on that can be found at the link above also.)

I cannot wait to see how many of you commit to participate! Get creative and give from the bottom of your caring heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment