Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

I have not posted in a while because I have been busy, busy, busy!

Over the past year, my craft room has become more of a "pile" room. I found myself sewing more and working on my paper crafts less and less, primarily due to the fact that I did not have a good desktop surface to work on. Years ago, my father built a nice L-shaped desk for me, but with technology increases, the desktop quickly became covered. Now that I have a wireless printer and a wireless computer, I have the potential to move things around, if I had the space. The desk that he built for me was truly built in- no moving that thing.




I have been saving my money from crochet projects and have accumulated enough that I can actually think about a trip to IKEA to buy new furniture- furniture that I can actually move and manipulate to fit my space better.

With retirement, I actually have the time to begin weeding through things and emptying the room out. When Kari went back to college for the spring semester I asked her if it would be ok for me to use her bedroom as a "holding room" for everything while I tear out, paint, and purchase everything. She kindly agreed. (It is probably a good thing that she does not come home very often because she certainly could not get to her bed right now. LOL!)

I am excited about the potential that lies before me, but I am anxious too. I know that I am going to have to part with some of my wonderful stash- but I am finding good homes for it! In case you were not aware, the Owsley County High School now has a "Make It" Lab that enables students to use their creativity to show their knowledge. I have already filled a box or two that will be going to the lab and will definitely have more before this creative journey is done. If you find yourself with paper, cloth, glue, beads, or anything that might be used for creative projects, contact Megan Bowling at the High School. I am sure that she and the students will be able to put your cast-offs to good use!

Over the coming month I will share updates about my progress. When I am not ashamed of the mess, I will begin posting photos. For now, there is not much to see, other than boxes and stacks of stuff. Expect another update in a week or so- hopefully by then I can share a photo of the empty room.

No comments:

Post a Comment